Open: Accounts Assistant
We seek to hire an ambitious and experienced to assist in preparation of accounting documents, posting of transactions, and management of petty cash and preparation of reports in finance department. The successful person will be reporting to the Senior Accountant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare, verify and process invoices for sales or services rendered.
- Following up on outstanding customer outstanding balances.
- Checking incoming payments daily and making updates.
- Monitor and manage trade receivable ageing summary.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software.
- Customer Relations management.
- Ensuring posting of receipts is done accurately and on a daily basis.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Should have finance degree or a related field degree or higher diploma.
- CPA section 1-4
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in working with Accounting software i.e. QuickBooks
- Experience with bookkeeping practices
- Understanding of filing systems
- Knowledge of accountant rules and legislation
- Ability to detect inconsistencies,
- Prioritization skills and ability to multitask
- Attention to detail
- Proactive and results oriented
- Honesty and Accountability
- Pleasant & Positive Attitude
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proactive, confident, ambitious and focused
- Team player
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to email@example.com by 8th June 2018 with “ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.