REPORTING TO: CHIEF FINANCE MANAGER
Basic Function: The position is accountable for the entire process, including managing the Accounts Receivable policy as well as daily and weekly reviews and monitoring of the portfolio and Payments of existing customers. Assessment of regular payments by the clients with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales and avoidance and reduction of Non-performing portfolio.
- Maintain the corporate Accounts Receivable policy, creating procedures and policies that ensure timely payments while maintaining a high level of customer retention.
- Recommend changes in the Accounts Receivable policy to senior management whenever necessary.
- Manage customer Accounts and Monitor the same on a weekly basis.
- Work on the Client Defaulters portfolio to eliminate Non-Performing Portfolio.
- Work with the Finance team on the Repossession policy.
- Reconciling accounts Receivables on a weekly basis.
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team.
- Negotiation with Customers in repayment proposals for the amount in arrears.
- Ensure Customers receive Statements on a monthly basis.
- Motivate the clients to enforce collections.
- 4+ years of credit experience in a Financial Institution with a strong Credit Background: Bachelor’s degree in Finance / business and experience with credit management preferred.
- CPA Part 2 will be and added advantage.
- Have a thorough knowledge of Accounts Receivable Management.
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations.
- To have worked in a Financial Institution or a reputable Micro Finance.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Good business acumen for problem solving.
- Competency with ERP systems.
- Confidence to deal with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload.
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounts Receivable Officer” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for recruitment.