Positions: – Four (4)
Department: – Projects
Reports to: – Directors
Location: – Coast, Western, Rift Valley & Mt. Kenya Regions.
We’re looking for Building and Construction Officers to join our team! We’re a dynamic and a vast growing company, and the eligible persons will help us continue our success. The selected candidates will be competent team players able to provide guidance that enhances company construction matters in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture.
- Building and Construction – Residential and Commercial properties, this includes conducting construction surveys, engaging in research, analyzing results, planning the construction, designing, acquiring the right licensing, overseeing and ensuring construction is done to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect the site to ensure that construction of building or structures which will be put up can be accommodated by that area in relation to ground and water level and also determine the grade and elevation levels of the area.
- Accomplish construction Human Resource objectives by selecting construction staff and casuals, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, and managing staff; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Engage and manage sub-contractors, monitor and control their performance.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Approve construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases.
- Prevent fines and interruptions by complying with legal regulations and maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Degree or diploma in Building or Civil Engineering from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- Over 10 years proven experience in the same position.
- Excellent knowledge in Project Management and Quality Management.
- High proficiency in IT and the relevant modern Engineering software.
- Must possess leadership skills, Supervision, Manage Profitability, Attention to Detail and Quality Focus,
- Honest with outstanding interpersonal skills and Professionalism.
- Proactive and result oriented.
- High integrity, maturity and good character.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Organizational/planning skills.
- Pleasant personality, self-driven and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Team player.
- If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 15th September 2023.Kindly indicate the region you are interested in the application letter.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.