Location: Optiven Business Centre – Acacia Junction in Kitengela
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to lead and oversee the work of employees in our Optiven Construction company. The eligible person will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future.
S/he will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture. The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development & Marketing.
- Developing business management goals and objectives that lead to growth and prosperity.
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
- Maximizing new business development opportunities for the organization.
- Lead on research and on developing new products.
- Gathering, analyzing and interpreting external and internal data and write reports.
- Proposing the best technical and economic solutions (quality, cost, deadlines…) and to negotiate new contracts.
- Coordinating activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements.
- Representing the company in meetings and events i.e. exhibitions and conferences.
- Identifying and targeting areas in which a business can improve operation.
- Own the business target and keep the top management informed on business probability.
- Maintaining relationships with vendors & suppliers.
- Participating in purchases of materials and services required for production.
- Ensuring effective purchases of raw materials without compromising quality & with price sensitivity.
- Ensuring that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. material, equipment etc.)
- Responding to bids and tenders coordinating with internal departments.
- Communicating any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties.
- Assessing overall company financial performance and report on daily sales and production.
- Monitoring revenue margins, maximizing revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Preparing financial projections and targets.
- Producing forecasts and reports for the management.
- Advising management of financial related matters.
- Ensuring adherence to legal rules and guidelines.
- Determining hiring needs, overseeing assignment of employees and planning staff development.
- Overseeing employees’ productivity.
- Organizing and coordinating operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Supervising the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Motivating, mentoring and providing direction to the team
Customer Relationship Management.
- Be fully conversant with the commercial and technical requirements of customers.
- Discussing monthly customer complaint reports with the management and offer solutions.
- Meeting existing and potential clients, identifying and gathering their specific needs at an early stage.
- Securing the relationship with the clients until the achievement of their projects.
- Be the face of company and day to day point of contact with clients in all regions.
Requirements: – Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills for the Role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Civil engineering.
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a Business Manager in a Construction environment preferred.
- Exposure to Sales and Marketing Initiatives.
- Strong communication, organizational, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Ability to take ownership, working independently and to deadlines
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission
- Ability to engage and motivate others
- Strong reporting skills
- Excellent in developing customer relationships and customer service
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees on or before 18th September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for recruitment.