Open: Construction Business Development Manager
Optiven Group is a leading Brand in Real Estate Sector in Africa. The Group’s main objective is to empower property investors and transform the Society. The Group has a number of flourishing Strategic Business Units (SBUs).Optiven Construction is one of these subsidiaries. We are looking for an energetic and charismatic person to fill the position of a Construction Business Development Manager. The desired person will be responsible for driving business growth by developing contacts, identifying market opportunities and increasing sales.
Duties and responsibilities:-
- Creating development plans and growth projections
- Identifying market opportunities through meetings, networking and other channels, guarantee the establishment of referrals upon targeted clients.
- Meeting existing and potential clients, identifying and gathering their specific needs at an early stage
- Liaising with colleagues to develop sales and marketing strategies
- Preparing financial projections and sales targets
- Attending events such as exhibitions and conferences
- Preparing sales presentations
- Participating in sales meetings
- Producing forecasts and reports for management
- Discuss the Monthly Customer Complaint Report with the management and offer solutions
- Be fully conversant with the commercial and technical requirements of customers and competitors within preselected and defined market sectors.
- Respond to bids and tenders coordinating with internal departments.
- To propose the best technical and economic solutions (quality, cost, deadlines) and to negotiate new contracts. To secure the relationship with the clients until the achievement of the project
- Be the face of company and day to day point of contact with clients in all regions.
- Perform any other assignment that may be given from time to time
- Degree or equivalent in Finance, Marketing, Business Management ,Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in the same position dealing with construction products
- Must have exposure in the sector of construction
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications and Computer Operations.
- A good personal network of contacts in the industry
- Strong communication, organizational, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent in developing customer relationships and customer service
- Aggressive in meeting targets.
- Ability to take ownership, working independently and to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, honesty and transparency
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to email@example.com by 30th June 2018 with “CONSTRUCTION BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.