We seek to recruit Self-Driven and Enthusiastic person to fill the vacant position of Credit Control Officer who will be responsible for managing the debts of our business. S/he will be overseeing all debts owed to a company from existing debtors’ portfolios and manage new requests for credit.
The Credit Control Officer will be reporting to the company accountant and liaise closely with them to deliver an accurate and efficient credit control services. This role requires building and maintaining strong relationships with clients to ensure the smooth running of accounts.
- Managing the debtors portfolios, ensuring timely payments are made, processing incoming funds, reconciling invoices, resolving account queries and managing debt recovery.
- Assisting in the setting up of the credit control systems, policies and procedures.
- Evaluating new credit requests, including checking credit ratings, deciding whether to allow credit to a debtor and advising on credit limits.
- Preparing monthly collection forecast for assigned customers and follow through achievement of set targets.
- Ensuring that debts are paid in a timely manner via follow ups and within agreed levels.
- Meeting cash & debtor day targets set by the company.
- Regularly meeting with relevant stakeholders to ensure all relevant debts are managed as required.
- Identifying changes in payment patterns and proactively propose action to avert indebtedness.
- Sending out monthly client statements/letters as may be agreed from time to time.
- Keeping the business up to date with new credit management techniques and practices.
- Liaising with customers, as well as internal personnel including the sales team
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting option
- Diploma in Credit Management or Certified Credit Professionals (CCP) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Credit Management; Banking set-up or a Micro finance institution preferred.
- Prior experience in Sales will be a plus.
- Familiarity with Debt Collection Laws.
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to make complex and time-sensitive decisions in the best interests of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, research, problem-solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments.
- Skilled in negotiation and dealing with complaints
- Strong sense of responsibility and urgency.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency, and accountability.
- Outstanding knowledge in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Excellent customer service skills.
How to apply
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 30th June 2022.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.