Reporting to: Board of Trustees
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies that includes yearly targets to meet the costs of the current and future programmes.
- Coordinating all Foundation functions and activities; Grow Foundation kitty through donations.
- Approaching and raising funds from companies, trusts, partners/donors, Banks and foundations within Kenya and abroad.
- Developing, managing and updating databases to record donor contacts and preference information
- Maintaining a network of corporate contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships.
- Provide regular email correspondence to foundation donors and prospective foundation donors regarding events and news pertaining to Optiven Foundation.
- Ensuring all Foundation pillars are covered and progress on each is done.
- Developing and coordinating web-based fundraising Sending thank you notes to all Foundation Donors and partners
- Monitoring and evaluating partners’ communications on a regular basis; Briefing the Trustees on partner specific communication.
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and high net worth individuals who’s philanthropic or funding criteria match the Foundation’s vision and activities.
- Research on other Foundations strategies and update trustees for benchmarking.
- Managing and coordination of all Foundation events flawlessly Hyping the Foundation through social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Sale of books and other Foundation branded materials. At least 10 books sold in every event
- Preparing detailed weekly reports and ensuring they are with your supervisor by close of week.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Sciences or Community Development,
- Preferable has worked in NGO charitable organization
- Sociable and good attitude
- Ability to use social media platforms
- Ability to work independently, within a team and with strict deadlines.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent management & communication skills
- Organisational/planning skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Application are to be send to email@example.com by end of october 2019 and addressed to the Human Resource Manager, the subject title should read Foundation Coordinator.
KINDLY NOTE WE DO NOTE CHARGE ANY FEES FOR OUR APPLICATIONS