Purpose of the position
The Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for providing support for the Digital Marketing Department through a variety of channels, print, digital, web, video and others as assigned. S/he will directly report to the Graphic Designer and will assist with the development and design of core Optiven graphics, artwork, logos, collateral event materials and a variety of other creative tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate will be engaged on a three (3) months contract.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the Graphic Designer in the output of good quality designs for internal and external use.
- Work with the content writers to develop branded collateral such as fliers and posts within the brand guidelines.
- Update the brand guidelines as advised.
- Design and layout of presentations.
- Work with the Digital team to visualize advertising campaigns.
- Liaise with printers as required and managing production quality.
- Assist in creation of various logos for products.
- Work with the content writers to develop posts for content calendars and frameworks.
- Assist in designing digital advertising campaign content.
- Prepare images to coincide with social and blog posts.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, skills, knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Graphic Design from a recognized or accredited Institution
- Experience as a graphic designer.
- Demonstrable graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to work in synergy with content developers.
- Proficiency with required desktop publishing tools, including Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software.
- A strong eye for visual composition and attention to detail.
- Understanding of Digital marketing, production, website and digital design, corporate identity, print advertisements, and multimedia design.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Writing and proofing skills are also required.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames.
- Organized and dependable.
- Team Player, Quick Learner, Efficient and High sense of urgency.
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 23rd April 2022.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.