Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
We seek to hire a competent internal Auditor who will offer internal audit function to our organization through providing systematic and disciplined approach to effectiveness of risk management, internal control and governance processes, to support the organization in ensuring proper implementation and execution of an audit plan as well as monitoring compliance.
The eligible candidate will possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgment.
S/he will be accountable for the examination and evaluation of organization processes, preparing and reporting findings back to management recommending possible improvements and corrections, and providing independent assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures in line with local and global standards and the organization’s policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and facilitate implementation of Internal Audit policies and procedures for the organization.
- Obtain detailed understanding of company’s operations, environment including internal controls surrounding business processes and develop or update audit program for audit execution.
- Examining records, reports, operating practices and documentation to ensure compliance with the established internal control procedures.
- Providing technical support in revision of operations, accounting, and procurement, HR Manuals in order to adhere to company policy, statutory compliance and reporting requirements.
- Liaise with all departments in reviewing systems and establishing controls and procedures.
- Monitoring of all control procedures and processes to ensure compliance with policy, statutory and reporting requirements.
- Regularly inspect company records and transactions and evolve scrutiny of methodology that ensures compliance and sets standards to be adhered to for such from time to time.
- Undertake regular and impromptu and regular inspections of all processes, policies and procedures ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and best practice guidelines as may be prescribed from time to time by local and global organizations.
- Draft findings to ensure that these are written in a well manner containing background, finding, risk and corrective action or recommendation.
- Keep an eye on the latest developments in the financial industry and accounting fields with a few to enhancing internal audit function as a key contributor to company strategy.
- Support in follow up on outstanding audit issues and conduct staff training on audit areas and programs geared towards raising levels of compliance.
- Work with management and other members of the accounting and finance team to recommend ways to drive efficiencies and reduce risk.
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA-K or ACCA professional certification and a member of a professional body. I.e. ICPAK.
- Minimum 5 working years’ experience in auditing especially in real estate sector.
- Possess a high level of understanding of audit theory and strong industry knowledge.
- Good understanding of local and international accounting and auditing standards and must be able to apply them effectively.
- Ability to positively interface and work well with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office and databases.
- Ability to Work independently and with little supervision.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information.
- Excellent organizing skills.
- Great attention to detail.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent analysis and data reporting skills.
- High level interpersonal skills.
- Must be a strong team player.
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then send your resume to https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 21st November 2020 with the Title: Internal Auditor.
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.