Reporting to: Company Directors.
Optiven Construction Company is based in Kitengela, Namanga Road, Acacia Junction, we are known to be the leading manufacturing company in construction items majorly Cabros, Hollow Blocks, Paving Slabs, Road Channels, Road Kerbs, Wall Copings, Culverts, Louvers, Fencing poles and many others.
We are now seeking an experienced Business Manager to lead and oversee the work of employees in our Optiven Construction company. The eligible person will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of business operations as well as setting strategic goals for the future.
S/he will be a competent leader able to provide guidance that enhances performance in a manner which incorporates the company’s vision and culture. The goal will be to ensure the profitability of our company’s activities to drive sustainable development and long-term success.
Duties and Responsibilities
Business Development & Marketing
- Developing business management goals and objectives that lead to growth and prosperity.
- Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to promote the attainment of goals.
- Maximizing new business development opportunities for the organization.
- Gathering, analyzing and interpreting external and internal data and write reports.
- Coordinating activities that affect operational decisions and business requirements.
- Representing the company in meetings and events i.e. exhibitions, conferences, Activations and other construction or real estate projects.
- Identifying and targeting areas in which a business can improve operation
- Maintaining relationships with vendors & suppliers.
- Participating in purchases of materials and services required for production.
- Ensuring effective purchases of raw materials without compromising quality & with price sensitivity.
- Ensuring that the company has the adequate and suitable resources to complete its activities (e.g. material, equipment etc.)
- Sourcing for bids and tenders & coordinating with internal departments for Supply.
- Proposing the best technical and economic solutions (quality, cost & deadlines)
- Communicating any changes in the order or delivery date to relevant parties.
- Assessing overall company financial performance and report on daily sales and production.
- Monitoring revenue margins, maximizing revenue through innovative sales practices and yield management programs.
- Preparing financial projections, reports and targets and reporting to the directors on a Monthly at times weekly basis.
- Advising management on financial related matters.
- Ensuring adherence to legal rules and guidelines.
- Determining hiring needs, overseeing assignment of employees and planning staff development.
- Overseeing employees’ productivity.
- Organizing and coordinating operations in ways that ensure maximum productivity.
- Supervising the work of employees and provide feedback and counsel to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Motivating, mentoring and providing direction to the team
Customer Relationship Management
- Be fully conversant with the commercial and technical requirements of customers.
- Discussing monthly customer complaint reports with the management and offer solutions.
- Meeting existing and potential clients, identifying and gathering their specific needs at an early stage.
- Securing the relationship with the clients until the achievement of their projects.
- Be the face of company and day to day point of contact with clients in all regions.
Requirements: – Abilities, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or Civil engineering.
- Great Exposure to Sales and Marketing Initiatives
- Strong communication, organizational, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to take ownership, working independently and meeting deadlines
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to company mission
- Ability to engage and motivate others.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Excellent in developing customer relationships and customer service
- Professionalism, high level of maturity, good character with positive values
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications to email@example.com with “BUSINESS MANAGER” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV,names & addresses of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for recruitment.