Job Title: JUNIOR LAWYER – IN-HOUSE (Fluent in the French Language)
Reports to: LEGAL COUNSEL
We seek a highly competent and outstanding individual who is dynamic and passionate about delivering results to join our Legal team.
S/he will be assisting in ensuring all our company’s transactions comply with state laws and regulations, while actively supporting the company to avoid possible risks and violations
- Provide legal opinion on matters relating to property & real estate.
- Offer advice to clients on the legal processes involved in purchasing & selling property.
- Work to protect the interest of clients & ensure they are protected against fraud and money laundering activities.
- Conduct research to identify legal ownership of properties by assessing government land registry documents or title deeds if the land is not registered to anyone.
- Prepare property lease agreements and ensure contracts are signed on the scheduled date of transfer.
- Oversee the fast-tracking & diligent handling of all client matters before the Lands Registry, Local Authorities, and Survey of Kenya & National Lands Commission.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Liaising with clients and key stakeholders such as mortgage lenders, estate agents, land valuers and surveyors.
Qualifications & Skills
- LLB Degree from a recognized University
- Must have gone through the Kenya School of Law
- Must be fluent in the French Language
- Must have at least 1 years post work experience in a busy law firm
- Familiar with banking documentation
- Working knowledge of conveyancing, court rules & land registry procedures.
- Must have hands-on experience in the interpretation & application of legal texts, statutes, rules & regulations.
- Be computer literate
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and get things done to completion.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Result-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Good scheduling and monitoring skills.
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent reporting skills.
- Adaptable and initiative
- Great team player.
- High Integrity and Confidentiality
If you believe you have high-performance culture, a positive mental attitude, and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; Optiven Jobs on or before Monday, 17th May 2023.
NB: All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interviews as they come on a rolling basis.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.