Open: Head of Agri-Business
We seek to hire an experienced Agri-Business professional to set up, develop agribusiness and source market for produce.
Duties and responsibilities
- Set up and manage a number of greenhouses, improving their capacity to hold sustainable agri-based economic opportunities, understand and implement a demand-driven, commercialization approach to rural development based on access to markets.
- Coordinate all Agribusiness activities, monitor and advise Management on the best option to improve Agribusiness in the site.
- Plan and execute the best strategies in formulation of Agribusiness products that will attract customers in the market.
- Review and implement Agribusiness department strategy to ensure objectives are achieved through implementing measures to enhance performance.
- Identify and assist in coordinating relevant workshops in agricultural marketing issues for project staff and project beneficiaries.
- Coordinate budget objectives of the department to ensure targets are achieved as per the recommended plans.
- Prepare departmental budget and projections for growth in line with set targets.
- Negotiate terms with customers in line with Return on Investment, develop and enhance customer relationships.
- Plan on marketing the produce and ensure maximized returns and keep good public relations with customers.
- Any other responsibility assigned to him or her from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in either Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Marketing or Business Administration or a related filed.
- Over 4 years proven working experience in agri-business development. I.e. in set up of greenhouses from onset to selling produce a MUST.
- Proper understanding of agribusiness and Good agriculture practices (GAP)
- Understanding of compliance issues.
- Ability to penetrate the markets.
- .Experience in small to medium scale agro-enterprise management.
- Strong communication, presentation and report writing, negotiation, and administration skills
- Should be a person of high integrity
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to email@example.com by 15th March 2018 with “Head of Agri-Business” being the subject of the email with detailed CV names & addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.