Open: Project Accountant – 1 Position
Purpose of the position
This position is responsible for the Finance & Accounting function in the site projects to ensure sound Financial Practices with adequate internal controls are in place.
Planning and Budgeting
- Provide input during the budgeting process for the assigned projects.
- Coordinate the planning and budgeting process to ensure quality and realistic budgets are developed
- Ensure Planning & Budgeting guidelines are adhered to
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines and other standards
- Conduct financial analysis for management decision making.
- Develop realistic cash flow forecasts in line with the plans
- Participate in proposal writing and grant budget development.
- Periodically monitor and advice management on budget utilization
- Prepare financial data transactions into the Accounting System.
- Prepare and submit accurate project funding requests.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statements monthly
- Prepare financial analyses for management decision making
- Prepare and submit accurate and timely financial reports.
- Management of balance sheet accounts
- Ensure safe custody of cash and relevant books .i.e. .cheque booK
- Ensure maintenance of up to date records of cash disbursement
- Cash flow management to ensure compliance with targets.
- Maintain an accurate and updated fixed assets register for the Projects.
- Ensure that assets are properly utilized and safe guarded.
- Any other duty as assigned by management.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Commerce, Business management/ Administration with specialization in Finance or Accounting
- Must have a minimum (CPA) Part II
- Minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience. Those with real estate experience will have an added advantage
- Professional membership with a recognized body is an added advantage
- Knowledge of one or more accounting system i.e. QuickBooks, Sage Pastel and or Navision
Preferred Skills and Knowledge
- Strong budgetary and financial management and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication and writing skills
- The person must be results oriented and a team player.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Integrity, commitment and respect for diversity
- Ability to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment.
- Computer literate.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (PROJECT ACCOUNTANT) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th June 2018. N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing. Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.