We are seeking a detail-oriented, thorough, and organized procurement officer to oversee purchases and develop new contracts. In this position, the successful candidate will play a key role in procuring high-quality and cost-efficient supplies for our Construction SBU. S/he will follow procurement procedures, maintain an updated list of current and incoming inventory, and be responsible for approving purchases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Create and maintain good relationships with vendors/suppliers.
- Make professional decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Maintain records of purchases, pricing, and other important data.
- Review and analyze all vendors/suppliers, supply, and price options.
- Develop plans for purchasing equipment, services, and supplies.
- Negotiate the best deal for pricing and supply contracts.
- Ensure that the products and supplies are high quality.
- Maintain and update a list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times, and potential future development.
- Work with team members and managers in charge to complete duties as needed.
- Coming up with procurement policies and centralizing the procurement to procurement department.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required Job Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma in Purchasing and Procurement or equivalent.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of procurement processes, policy, and systems
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a procurement officer or related position
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Ability to negotiate, establishes, and administers contracts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Ability to work well with management and staff at all levels
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, kindly apply using https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 25th September 2020.
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification