The job profile of the Product Development/Quality Control Officer involves sampling, assessing and verifying products in the organization to meet the set quality standards like ISO (International Standards Organization) take care of both the legal compliance and customer expectations. The Product Development/Quality Control Officer has to develop and organize special activities, and plan to meet and maintain quality standards of manufactured products.
QUALITY CONTROL RESPONSIBILITIES
- The main responsibility is to ensure the quality standard of the company in the raw material and products produced by the company.
- It will be also needed to regularly monitor the production and machinery to ensure the quality.
- It is also necessary to ensure the quality satisfaction by collecting the feedback from clients.
- He or she is responsible for the formulation of the testing procedures for quality checking.
- It is needed to formulate the quality control standards properly.
- He or she needs to collect the relevant data from the various related sources.
- He or she needs to work for improving the quality of the work as well so has to formulate the guidelines to make new regulations.
- It will be also necessary to provide the training to the employees regularly and updating their knowledge.
- He or she has to take part actively in the field by conducting seminars, workshops and conferences.
- The duty also includes allocating responsibilities to staff of quality control department and supervising them.
- It is also necessary to record all the quality test results and presenting them before management
- Assessing the product specifications and testing them with customer requirements.
- Setting objectives for quality assurance compliance for achieving the targets.
- Planning & implementing performance improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Ensuring product compliance with legal and quality standards.
- Guiding production staff about the quality measures.
- Understanding, assessing, and performing the tests and procedures, and investigating the product modifications.
- Observing staff performance by collecting significant information and preparing reports.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creating and enhancing products that fill a niche in the market or allow their clients to remain competitive.
- Determining product specifications according to a number of various factors and uses.
- Supporting manufacturing and design activities by developing prototypes for products in development.
- Consulting market research materials and sales data to ensure that products are viable and competitive.
- Learn about customer’s dislikes and likes, and identify key styles by leveraging on buyers’ knowledge
- Conduct Market Research and introduce products that are competitive to the market.
- Analyze Product prices and work with the Marketing team to have competitive prices.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Engineering and design knowledge – product developers should have strong design skills and should understand how product components and materials work together both functionally and aesthetically
- Creative skills– creativity is also central to this role, as product developers need to conceptualize new products and improvements and determine the look and feel of a product’s design
- Prototype development– product developers should also have extensive familiarity with prototyping processes and best practices using a variety of rapid prototyping tools and machinery
- Problem-solving skills– in this role, product developers frequently need to assess issues with products and develop solutions, so effective problem-solving skills are vital
- Team collaboration– product developers work with manufacturing, engineering, and sales teams, so they should be able to effectively coordinate activities between teams and personnel
- Communication skills– effective written and verbal communication is important in this role, since product developers need to provide instructions and reports to team members and supervisors
- Must be able to motivate and influence workers
- Well-organized, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Should have good coordination skills
- Good statistical and numerical ability.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Construction or Civil Engineering.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in as a Quality Controller in a Construction Company.
- At least 2 years’ experience with Market Research and Product development and product pricing.
- Ability to conduct Market Research and understand Consumer tastes and preferences.
HOW TO APPLY
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, kindly use the given link to apply; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 30th October 2020
NB: We do not charge for job applications and interviews. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.