Location: – Panarrotis Restaurant (Karen)
We are looking to hire an experienced Senior Sous Chef, who will be tasked with managing the kitchen team and ensuring quality food is served to all customers. The successful candidate will employ his/her culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing our customers’ satisfaction.
- Oversee all the food production, assist in daily food requirement orders, and maintenance of the highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Ensure meals are produced on time, and sufficient quantities are available.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Maintain stock levels of all kitchen supplies.
- Ensure end of the month inventory is accurate.
- Plan orders of equipment or ingredients according to identified shortages.
- Approve the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Delegate duties to kitchen staff as per the menu requirements.
- Ensure wastage is minimized by careful supervision of food preparation methods.
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss.
- Develop menus with new or existing culinary creations ensuring the variety and quality of the servings.
- Ensure food portions are maintained and food presentation is correct.
- Provide training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
- Ensure proper staffing for maximum productivity and high standards of quality, stock closing and organize the issuing and receiving of kitchen supplies.
- Schedule and establish a regular cleaning and maintenance schedule for all kitchen areas and equipment.
Requirement Qualifications and Skills
- Degree/Diploma in Culinary Arts or Food Production from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- 3-5 years’ experience leading kitchen operations and in the same position.
- Proven track record of cost control including food, equipment, labor and waste to meet the food quality goals and the hotel’s financial goals.
- Demonstrate real passion for menu planning and leadership.
- Good knowledge of hygiene and sanitization regulations.
- Need to be able to manage staff, multitask when the kitchen gets busy, problem-solving skills, and be keen to small details
- Exceptional proven ability of kitchen management and knowledge of storing food.
- Demonstrated ability to perform training and coaching of junior kitchen staff on regular basis and perform refresh courses as well as appraisals.
- Ability in dividing responsibilities and monitoring progress.
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Groomed and presentable individual with outstanding communication skills.
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- High level of discipline and cleanliness.
- High-end food preparation skills and an outstanding attitude.
- Willing to learn new cuisines.
- Great attention to detail and creativity.
How to Apply;
- Applicants who meet the above are required to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Sous Chef” being the subject of the email with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees. Deadline: -10th September 2022.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.