Construction Sales and Marketing Executive
Optiven Group is a leading brand in Real Estate Sector in Africa. The Group’s main objective is to empower property investors and transform the Society. The Group has a number of flourishing Strategic Business Units (SBUs). Optiven Construction is one of these subsidiaries dealing with manufacture of precast materials – All Outdoor building materials. We are currently looking forward to fill the position of Construction Sales and Marketing Executive. We are looking for a passionate Sales & Marketing Executive to provide strategic support that ensures Business Growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop solid, long-term relationships with prospects and maintain existing customer’s relationship within the commercial construction industry in order to grow profitable sales.
- Make regular in-person sales calls and visits to existing client sites in order to ensure client satisfaction and to maximize sales growth.
- Seek out prospective clients and business opportunities by phone, mail, email, and/or in-person communication.
- Ensure that all marketing materials, documents and correspondence are updated and adhered to the corporate image.
- Track and report current status of potential projects, markets, Customer news, and developments.
- Stay current on existing and emerging product and technologies.
- Introduce and demonstrate new products to existing client base.
- Follow-up on all quotes to ensure that client needs are addressed. Document outcome of the proposed solutions.
- Lead the development and preparation of RFP’s, Pre-Qualification, formal presentations, proposal, and contracts.
- Report competitive conditions and feedback from customers to management.
- Execute sales efforts in an ethical and professional manner. Maintain a professional image through communication, personal presentation and vehicle that reflects well on the company.
- Complete sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policies.
- Maintain CRM software with up-to date information on client contact activities.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management or business administration with strong technical background
- 3+ years prior work experience in Sales, Business Development or related positions
- Demonstrated results in meeting sales quotas or business development goals.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience using CRM software to track and analyze sales metrics.
- Knowledge of the sales process with the ability to understand and interpret customer needs using fact-finding to identify sales opportunities.
- Ability to learn and operate sales and customer contact management tools.
- Engineering and Technology — Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Must have interpersonal skills sufficient to work cooperatively with people and consummate sales transactions.
- Knowledge of construction industry terms, standards and practices will be an added knowledge
- Appropriate manner, conduct, and grooming to adhere to company policy.
- Technical aptitude sufficient to relate to technology applications
- Ability to learn product lines and client operations.
- Ability to comprehend equipment specifications, price lists, catalogs, and common industry reference materials.
- Must be able to write legibly and perform common calculations quickly and accurately.
Interested candidates with relevant experience are to e-mail their CVs and covering letters to email@example.com with “CONSTRUCTION SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE” being the subject of the email by 30th June 2018