Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Associate Director – Human Resource & Talent Development
Purpose of role
We are looking for a high-performance culture, a positive mental attitude, and a self-driven CORPORATE TRAINER responsible for developing, facilitating, and supervising Optiven training programs for our employees. He/she will be assessing the needs of a business, implementing training, developing training plans, and facilitating a wide variety of training programs that enhance the effectiveness of our workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and assess current and future training needs through job analysis, career paths, and regular performance appraisals in consultation with line managers to gauge where skills are lacking.
- Create and ensure implementation of training programs to address skills gaps in employees
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses employee needs and expectations
- Conceptualize learning materials for the learning and development programs based on data and research
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods to ensure the effective assimilation of essential skills, knowledge, and competencies
- Conduct on-the-job training and coordinate effective delivery of all off the job-trainings
- Research new teaching methods and their application in our industry
- Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Lead in the designing and managing of the employee training and development budget
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices in the market relevant to our industries and advise accordingly
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Strategic Management, business, or a relevant field
- A Master’s in Business Administration is an added advantage
- At least 3-5 years of proven experience as a Corporate Trainer
- Solid knowledge of effective corporate training techniques, L&D methodologies and tools
- Experience in training sales teams, and sales and leadership training
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Persistent and results-oriented
- Professionalism and high levels of integrity
- If you believe you have high-performance culture, a positive mental attitude, and are self-driven, then apply by sending an application to Optiven Jobs on or before Tuesday, 31st January 2023.
NB: All applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interviews as they come on a rolling basis.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the vast number of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.