Job Title: Trainer
Department: Human Resources
Reports to: Associate Director – Human Resource & Talent Development
Purpose of role
We are looking for a high-performance culture, a positive mental attitude, and a self-driven TRAINER responsible for developing, facilitating, and supervising Optiven training programs for our employees. He/she will be assessing the needs of a business, implementing training, developing training plans, and facilitating a wide variety of training programs that enhance the effectiveness of our workforce.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and assess current and future training needs through job analysis, career paths, and regular performance appraisals in consultation with line managers to gauge where skills are lacking
- Create and ensure implementation of training programs to address skills gaps in employees
- Draw an overall or individualized training and development plan that addresses employee needs and expectations
- Conceptualize learning materials for the learning and development programs based on data and research
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods to ensure the effective assimilation of essential skills, knowledge, and competencies
- Conduct on-the-job training and coordinate effective delivery of all off the job-trainings
- Research new teaching methods and their application in our industry
- Monitor and evaluate the training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and report on them
- Lead in the designing and managing of the employee training and development budget
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments, and best practices in the market relevant to our industries and advise accordingly
- Any other duty as assigned from time to time.
- Masters in Business Administration and outstanding qualifications in Human Resources (HR)
- Should be a professional certified trainer
- At least 6 years working in the HR Department
- At least 3 years of proven experience as a corporate trainer
- Experience in training sales teams and sales and leadership trainings
- Understanding of effective L&D methodologies and tools
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent organizational & time management skills
- Persistent and results-oriented
- Professionalism and of high levels of integrity
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 8th January 2023.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.